Apply for SCIA Arbitrator
In accordance with the Shenzhen Court of International Arbitration Ordinance, and the decision of the SCIA Council, SCIA issued this announcement on the selection of panel arbitrators for a new term.
I. Qualification Requirements
Applicants must meet the eligibility criteria as prescribed by the Arbitration Law of the People’s Republic of China and Article 21 of the Shenzhen Court of International Arbitration Ordinance.
Preference is given to applicants who:
1. Possess extensive experience in adjudicating or representing international or domestic commercial cases;
2. Are experienced with resolving investment disputes between host governments and foreign investors;
3. Have conducted significant research or possess extensive practical experience in such areas as arbitration, mediation, negotiation facilitation and expert review;
4. Possess a certain degree of renown in the financial and capital markets, high-tech and intellectual property rights, maritime law, construction engineering and other related areas;
5. Are knowledgeable about the Hong Kong or Macao legal systems;
6. Have experience with applying the UNCITRAL Arbitration Rules;
7. Are capable of conducting arbitration or mediation procedures in Cantonese or a foreign language;
8. Possess extensive experience with the cross-border recognition and enforcement of arbitral awards; and
9. Are from an overseas jurisdiction and have adequate power of representation in that jurisdiction.
NavigationArbitration Rules Model Arbitration Clauses Find an Arbitrator SCIA Guidelines Online Case Filing Online Office Fee Calculation X